Postcard, Kirkjubæjarklaustur, aerial
Text on back of card: Kirkjubæjarklaustur village is believed to have been settled by Irish hermits even before Norse settlers arrived in the 9th century. In 1186 a Benedictine covent was founded and active until the Reformation in 1550. Many local place-names and attractions reflect the presence of the convent and ecclesiastical history like Sisters Rock, Sisters Lake, Sisters Waterfall and The Church Floor.
Size: 148 mm /5,8 in.